The recent round of upgrades to the abandoned cart module are an amazing step in the right direction. Im very happy to see the ability to view the customers cart, cart URL etc.
Things I would like to see added in the future:
- What step of the checkout the customer abandoned at ie; Register page, shipping options page, payment page. This allows us to examine the abandoned carts and weed out potential issues. For example, if a vast majority of customers are leaving on the shipping page with xyz product, maybe we have a shipping error or the costs are too high.
- Show shipping costs, not just product value. It would be great if the system showed the selected (if chosen) shipping cost the customer had on the cart at the time they abandoned. Again, this can help quickly weed out shipping issues - but also allows (in conjunction with the new add a coupon to cart function) staff to view shipping charges and be able to act on them if they are a potential bottle neck on the order.
- Display first and last name if captured
- If email is sent, how many ? Now that we have the ability to send multiple emails, it should display what QTY of follow ups have been sent to the customer to determine efficacy and prevent annoyance should you try to reach out manually or otherwise.
- BONUS: If possible, if a customer returns to the cart but does not complete the purchase still it would be nice if this was shown as a recovery status. For example, "Returned". This could help us know that perhaps our emails is effective, but for some reason they still didn't complete the purchase after returning.
Please sign in to leave a comment.